Experience in online classes

I didn’t know what to study when I was a senior at highschool, so I did a whole research about the programs between different universities and college careers. Two things stood out to me about journalism. First, I liked how versatile it was to be a journalist and how you could explore different areas like writing, radio, audiovisual and even public relationships. Second, and most importantly, I liked how practical it was. I didn't want to be stuck at an office, I wanted to go out there and explore the world. Journalism gave me that.


This year I was going to be able to explore the practical side of studying journalism. I was going to have photography class, radio class, among others. But the coronavirus pandemic made me lose the opportunity to learn all those things the right way, the practical way. I’ve had to do all of these classes through my home and the experience is very bad. For example, I can’t use the equipment available at college that is useful for some classes, like cameras or even a radio studio. It’s really sad because the quality of practical classes is very, very low. I feel like I’m not really learning anything.


I always think how things could have been different and better, but I think it’s really a tourture to myself. As the saying goes, ‘’you can’t cry over spilled milk’’. I lost a lot of knowledge, and I can’t get this year back. But I’m confident that the pandemic will not last forever, and more sooner than later, I will be able to learn all the things I did not learn this year. At least, I hope.




Also, there are some classes that do not require to be involved in a practical way. But it is still difficult to learn there, because I don’t have the best conditions to be focused at class or when I’m studying. My home is very small and I get distracted by everything, for example, my nephews playing or my mom watching the TV.


To summarize, my experience has not been the best. It’s been really difficult, but I’m trying everything I can do to learn and get good grades. I hope that next year the pandemic will come to an end, or at least, that my university is going to improve their online class program. I think that one way to make everything better is trying to be optimistic about the future.


Comentarios

  1. I think something similar. It has been difficult to sustain a year of online classes.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Progression Assessment:

    All tasks have been successfully uploaded. though the handing in did not follow protocols assigned for the writing portfolio.

    Grammar and Lexis have improved steadily, expanding the range. Cohesion has also been boosted along the writing process:

    Progression Grade: 5.0
    Completion Grade: 7.0
    Final Grade: 6.0

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares